Soybean Curry Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- Soya Chunks – 100 gms
- Onion (finely chopped) -1 medium
- Green Corriander (coarsely chopped) – ½ cup (250 ml cup) + for garnish
- Curry Leaves – a few
- Lime – 1
- Stock Cube – 1 small
- Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder – 1 ½ to 2 tsp.
- Oil – 3 ½ tbsp.
- Salt – A pinch + 1 tsp. or to taste
For the Masala Paste:
- Onion (coarsely chopped) – 1 large
- Dry Coconut [Kopra] (chopped) – ½ coconut
- Ginger (chopped) – 1 inch
- Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
- Tomato (coarsely chopped) – 2 medium
Method: Soybean Curry Recipe
Preparing the Soya Chunks:
- Boil 5 cups of water. Once the water starts boiling, drop in the soya chunks and add a pinch of salt. Boil the chunks for 5 minutes and then switch off the heat and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Drain the soya chunks and rinse the drained chunks with cold water. Drain and keep aside.
Preparing the Masala Paste:
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp. of oil in a pan and add all the ingredients for the masala except the tomatoes to the pan. Roast the ingredients on low heat till light golden.
- Next, add the chopped tomato and roast till the tomatoes turn soft. Take off the heat and allow to cool.
- When the ingredients for the masala have cooled, grind them with the green coriander, the Garam Masala, and little water till a smooth paste is formed. Keep aside.
Preparing the Gravy:
- Take a vessel suitable to make the gravy and add the remaining 2 tbsp. of oil to heat. Place it on medium heat and add the onions. Sauté till translucent
- Add the ground masala and continue sautéing for 2 minutes on medium heat. Next, add the Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder and sauté for another 2 minutes (you can add 2 tbsp. of hot water if the masala starts sticking to the pan).
- Add the drained soya chunks to the masala and mix well. Add 300 to 350 ml hot water and cook covered on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid after 5 minutes and add the stock cube and salt. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat till done. Later, add the juice of the lime and mix. Sprinkle the coriander for the garnish, switch off the heat and keep covered for 5 minutes before serving.