Fish Manchurian RecipeFebruary 20, 2018
Aloo Palak RecipeFebruary 21, 2018
Rajma Masala Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 2 tsp butter / ghee / oil
- 1 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- few coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder, adjust to your spice level
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
Method: Rajma Masala Recipe
- Soak the rajma / red kidney beans overnight with enough water.
- Next day rinse it well in running water and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tsp of butter and add in cumin seeds.
- Next, add chopped onion and fry till they turn translucent.
- Time to add ginger, garlic and saute till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add chopped tomato and fry till they start releasing oil from sides.
- Time to add spice powder; add chilli powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Fry for a minute without burning the spices.
- Now add cooked rajma, add the drained water which was used for cooking rajma. adjust the water according to the consistency you need.
- Add salt to taste and give a good mix.
- Next is to cook rajma with onion-tomato gravy for 15 minutes. Keep the flame on low.
- Finally, add crushed kasuri methi and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mash the beans a bit and stir again to make a thick gravy.
- Serve rajma masala with steamed rice or chapathi.