Methi Paneer Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 1 cup chopped Methi Leaves(fresh fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 cup Paneer, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds, optional
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped (approx. 1/3 cup)
- 1 small Tomato, finely chopped (approx. 1/3 cup)
- 6 Garlic Cloves, chopped (approx. 1½ tablespoons)(or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cashew Nuts or Almonds (approx. 6)
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
Method: Methi Paneer Recipe
Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan (kadai) over medium flame. Add cumin seeds. When they start to turn light brown, add finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger.
- Stir and cook until onion turns light pink.
- Add chopped tomato, cashew nuts, and salt.
- Sauté until tomatoes turn soft. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and let it cool at room temperature for 5-6 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the small chutney jar of a mixer grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in the same pan. Add paneer cubes and stir-fry until they turn light golden brown on all sides. Transfer them to a plate. Use a non-stick pan to prevent sticking of paneer.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in the same pan over medium flame. Add chopped methi leaves.
- Stir and cook for 2-minutes. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add onion-tomato-cashew-nut paste.Stir and cook for 2-minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup water, mix well and cook for 2-minutes.Add shallow fried paneer cubes and 1/4 cup milk.
Mix well and cook for around 3-4 minutes or until you get the desired consistency of gravy. Turn off flame and transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl.