Drumstick Curry Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- Drumsticks – 6 to 8
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 medium
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 medium
- Stock Cube (veg.) – 1 small (optional)
- Sugar – ½ tsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp. or to taste
For The Masala:
- Coconut (grated) – ½ cup
- Light Green Chilly – 2
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp.
Method: Drumstick Curry Recipe
- Peel the outer skin of the drumsticks and cut into 3-inch pieces.
- Grind the ingredients listed under masala to a fine paste using a little water.
- Heat the oil in a vessel and sauté the onion until translucent on medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on low heat until soft. Then add the drumsticks and sauté for a minute. Add 200 ml hot water and ½ tsp. salt. Cook covered for 10 minutes till the vegetable is almost cooked (don’t overcook).
- Next add the masala paste, the crushed stock cube, the sugar and the remaining salt and mix well. Add around 50 ml more of hot water and cook covered for another 6 to 8 minutes on low heat. Serve hot.