Aloo Palak Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 medium or 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ginger finely chopped or paste
- ½ teaspoon Garlic finely chopped or paste
- 2 medium or 2 cups Potatoes peeled and cubed
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2 cups Spinach (Palak) washed, chopped and tightly packed
- ⅓ cup Tomato chopped
Method: Aloo Palak Recipe
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle
- Then add chopped onions, sprinkle little salt. Cook till onions get soft and translucent.
- Then add chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic.Mix and saute for a minute.
- Mix in cubed potatoes. Add remaining salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Mix well, cover the pan and cook. Do stir in between to make sure that it is not sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook till potatoes are 95% cooked. check by breaking a piece of potato.
- Add chopped spinach and tomatoes
- Mix, again cover and cook till potatoes are 100% done. By that time spinach is wilted and tomatoes will be little soft (not mushy). Turn off the stove and serve.
- Serve aloo palak dry with roti or paratha.
- I have used tomatoes to get little tangy, But for the variations try substituting it with a tablespoon of yogurt or a squeeze of lemon juice at the end.