Aloo Capsicum Curry Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium capsicums
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2½ tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1/4 cup water
Method: Aloo Capsicum Curry Recipe
- Take tomato, cashew nuts, ginger, garlic, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a mixer jar to prepare puree
- Grind them with 1/4 cup water and make a puree.
Take a kadai and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chopped capsicum, sprinkle salt over it and sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Add remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in same kadai and sauté chopped onion until it turns light brown. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add puree (prepared in step 1), salt and sugar; cook on low to medium heat until oil starts to separate from it (It will take around 5-6 minutes).
- Add boiled and cubed potatoes and cooked capsicum, stir and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and let mixture cook over medium flame.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until gravy turns thick, add kasuri methi and give a quick stir.Turn off the heat and transfer aloo and capsicum curry to a serving bowl.