Aloo Baingan Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 1/2 kg small baingan (eggplants or brinjals)
- 2 to 4 potatoes (aloo)
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1.2 tablespoon mustard oil or vegetable oil
Method: Aloo Baingan Recipe
- Wash the small baingan (brinjals) and potatoes in water. slice 1 baingan into 4 pieces vertically. keep the baingan in salted water for 15-20 minutes to remove their bitterness.
- Slice 2 to 4 potatoes in medium size slices.
- In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons mustard oil or vegetable oil and add the potatoes to the oil and also add the baingan stir and mix well.
- Saute in the oil for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame.
- add 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi) and salt as required. you can add regular salt or black salt
- Mix the spice powders and salt well with the veggies and cover the pan and let the veggies cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- keep checking the aloo baingan sabzi after a few minutes, so that the veggies do not stick to the bottom of the pan. do stir occasionally.
- Once the veggies are cooked, then sprinkle 2 teaspoon garam masala powder and 2 teaspoon amchur powder (dried mango powder).cook for a minute.
- close the flame and serve the aloo baingan hot with parathas.