Palak Soup Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 2 cups tightly packed Spinach (Palak) (approx. 125 gms)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Corn Starch (corn flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Butter
- 1/3 cup chopped Onion (1 medium)
- 1/4 inch piece of Ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 small cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar, optional
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
Method: Palak Soup Recipe
- Clean the spinach leaves and wash them to remove any dirt or debris. If spinach leaves are big, chop them roughly.
- Dissolve 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch in 1/2 cup milk. Make sure that there are no lumps of flour.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon butter together in a deep saucepan or a kadai over medium flame. Add chopped ginger and garlic; sauté for few seconds. Add chopped onion.
Sauté until onion turns light pink.Add spinach.Cook until spinach wilts.
Add a cup of water, sugar, and salt. Stir well and bring the mixture to boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Sugar is an optional ingredient in this recipe. It is added to retain the rich green color of spinach and prevent it from turning dark.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes. Make a smooth puree of the cooked mixture by either using a stick blender (hand blender) or a mixer grinder (or blender). Transfer the mixture to the same pan after making the puree.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and stir continuously for 1 to 2 minutes over medium flame.
- Add black pepper powder.
- Let the mixture cook for 4-5 minutes. Taste for the seasonings and adjust it per your taste.
- Turn off the flame and transfer spinach soup to serving bowls. Serve it hot with bread croutons or garlic bread sticks.