Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 2 tablespoons chopped Spring Onion (or normal onion)
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped Carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped Green Cabbage
- 1/3 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped French Beans
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter or Oil
- 2½ cups Water or Vegetable Stock
- Salt to taste
Method: Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Chop all the veggies (carrot, cabbage, french beans, onion, and garlic) into small pieces
- Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour) in a small bowl.Add 3 tablespoons water and mix well.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil or butter in a large, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium flame. Add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots, cabbage, sweet corn kernels, french beans and salt (only for veggies). Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2½ cups water or vegetable stock. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. When it starts boiling, add salt (add as required as we have already added salt for veggies).
- Add black pepper powder.
Add cornstarch-water mixture and stir continuously for a minute to prevent lump formation.
- Stir and cook until mixture turns thick and no raw smell of cornstarch. It will take around 7-8 minutes. Add vinegar and mix well.
- Taste the soup for the seasonings at this stage and add more if required. Turn off the flame. Transfer hot soup of vegetables into individual serving bowls and serve.