For the Salad:
- 4 (6 oz.) chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, finely diced (~1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground ginger
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- First, place chicken breast in a slow cooker, cover, and turn the setting to high. Cook for 1.5 hours.
- While chicken is cooking, mix the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside
- When chicken breast is done cooking, use two forks to shred. Place in a food storage container and let cool. Once cooled, mix with other salad ingredients.
- Next, pour sauce mixture onto the chicken salad and mix until evenly combined.
- Serve over greens, on top of toast, in a lettuce wrap, etc. The options are endless.