Tomato Rice Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. Its easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 8 cloves (do not skimp on cloves)
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 green chillis, slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 pudina leaves
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil + 1/4 tbsp ghee (ghee is optional)
Method:Tomato Rice Recipe
- Heat oil+ghee in a vessel or pressure cooker, add the curry leaves, sliced onions, green chillis, cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms and stir fry for 5 mts. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2-3 mts.
- Add chopped tomatoes, pudina and coriander leaves to the sauteed onions and combine. Add salt to taste and combine well. Cook for 6-7 mts.
- Reduce heat, add the raw rice, combine, saute for 3 mts. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce flame and cook till rice is done. If using pressure cooker, cook rice upto 3 whistles.
- Serve hot with any curry of your choice or with just pickle, yogurt and appadam