Lemon Rice RecipeOctober 22, 2017
Ghee Rice RecipeOctober 22, 2017
- Raw rice – 1/2 cup
- Split yellow moong dal-1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts -6-7
- Salt needed
For the seasoning
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 tsp
- Cumin/ Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole black pepper – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Dry roast moong dal and rice separately until it is hot to touch. Do not over fry it.
- Fry cashew nuts in a tsp of ghee and keep it aside.
- Mix both rice and dal, pressure cook adding salt, 2 1/2 – 3 cups of water for 4-5 whistles.The rice has to be cooked in such a way that it should be mushy.
- Open the cooker once the pressure subsides and mash the contents well when it is hot
- Heat oil + ghee, add finely chopped ginger, saute for 2-3 seconds, then add pepper, jeera seeds (you can pound pepper and jeera slightly for more flavor), curry leaves and pour it over the rice + dal mix.
- Add fried cashew nuts and mix everything well. Alternatively you can add rice+dal mix to the seasoning.Mix well on low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off and serve hot with sambar or gothsu or coconut chutney.