Chicken Popcorn RecipeNovember 21, 2017
Malai Kabab / Chicken Reshmi Kabab RecipeNovember 22, 2017
Biryani Rice Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 2 cups rice (preferably basmathi)
- 3.5 cups water or stock (chicken or veg stock)
- 2 to 2 ½ tbsp. Oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-star anise
- 1 strand of mace
- ½ tsp shahi jeera
- 4 to 6 green cardamoms
- 4 to 6 cloves
- 1 two inch cinnamon stick
- ¾ cup onion thinly sliced about 1 large or 2 medium
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup chopped tomato about 1 large (deseeded)
- Salt as needed
- Turmeric as needed little only
- ½ to ¾ tsp red chili powder
- Handful of mint/ pudina & coriander
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp biryani masala powder (any readymade will do) (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh curd/yogurt (do not use sour one)
Method: Biryani Rice Recipe
- Wash and soak rice for at least 20 minutes. Drain water completely. Set aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker or a heavy bottom pan with oil, add spices and fry till they turn fragrant.
- Add onions and fry until onions turn golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till it gets fragrant. Do not burn
- Add tomatoes, curd, red chili powder, pudina, coriander, salt, and turmeric. If using biryani masala powder add it now. Fry till tomatoes turn mushy, soft and pulpy. The mixture begins to leave the oil as well.
- Pour water or stock and bring water to a boil. adjust the salt (you could vary the amount of water based on your rice)
- Add rice and cook until very little water is left. refer the pic
- cover the pressure cooker with the lid, cook on a low flame for 3 to 5 mins. Do not let the cooker whistle. if cooking in a pan or casserole, just cover tightly and cook till the rice is fully done. it could take around 5 mins. If using normal rice, allow to whistle once.
- Let the pressure go off, then fluff up the rice