Mutton Gravy Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 500 grams mutton
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2-3 black peppercorns
- 3-4 medium sized onions finely sliced
- 3-4 green chillies vertically slit
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon full red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 or 2 glasses of water
- 1 cup yogurt (approx… 200ml)
- 1 tablespoon roasted coriander seeds powder
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn powder
- 4 medium sized onions finely sliced and deep fried (barista/deep fried onions)
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
Method:Mutton Gravy Recipe
Firstly, take a cooking pot, add oil and heat it, Add cinnamon stick, cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns and stir well.
Add finely sliced onions, slit green chillies and saute until onions turn soft.
Add ginger garlic paste and saute to get rid of the raw smell.
Add mutton pieces into it and roast them well until the mutton changes its color.
Add salt according to taste.
Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix the whole mixture well.
Cover the lid and cook the mutton for about 5 minutes on low flame until oil appears at the corners.
Add a glass of water or two and cook the mutton until it gets tender or pressure cook to tenderize it(do not overcook the mutton).
Reduce the steam of the cooker and switch on the flame.
Beat the yogurt and add the tenderized mutton curry and mix well.
Add garam masala powder, roasted coriander seeds powder, black peppercorn powder.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Crush the deep fried onions and add the mutton curry and mix well.
Add some fresh coriander leaves.
Cook it for 10 minutes on low flame until a thick gravy is observed.Switch off the flame.Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with roti or rice.
- Since we add yogurt and deep fried onions after the mutton is tenderized make sure to not overcook the mutton.Cook it upto 80% soft.
- After yogurt and barista is added the mutton has to be cooked again for about 15 minutes so avoid overcooking the mutton in the beginning as it removes the perfect flavor of the meat.