FISH PICKLE RecipeOctober 24, 2017
Egg Kurma RecipeOctober 24, 2017
- Eggs: 4
- Onions: 2 (medium, finely chopped)
- Tomato Puree: 1 1/2 tbsp or Tomatoes: 2 (finely chopped)
- Garlic:1 tsp (minced)
- Ginger: 1 tsp (minced)
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri Chili powder: 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Peppercorns: 1/2 tsp or Green chillies : 2 (Optional) (only if you want dish to be spicy)
- Curry leaves: 1 sprig
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Boil the egg with 1 tsp salt or vinegar, deshell; make some slits over the eggs vertically and keep it aside. (Note Adding salt or vinegar prevents cracking of eggs while boiling).
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the boiled egg turning it frequently for a couple of minutes, or until they start to turn brown and set it aside.
- In the same pan, saute the chopped onions till it turns to translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes until the ginger garlic gives off its aroma, now add green chilies or crushed peppercorns, curry leaves and saute.
- Add all spice powders except garam masala and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomato puree or chopped tomatoes salt to taste and sauté till the tomatoes are smashed well and oil separates from the pan.
- Add garam masala and mix in well, Add the fried egg and toss it well
- Cook it on a low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Remove from the heat.
- Delicious Egg Roast is ready to serve as side dish with Appam or with any Indian Bread