- Valche bhajji- 1 large bowl of leaves and stems
- Ginger- 2 inches sliced
- Green chillies- 3 small slit
- Onions- 1 large sliced
- Small tomato- 1 no.
- Fresh grated coconut- 1 handful
- Garlic flakes- crushed 3
- Oil 3tsps.
- Salt to taste
- Wash valche bhajji leaves and stems. Separate leaves from the main stem and chop large leaves into halves, cut the stems into 4-inch pieces.
- In a closed vessel place the stems with onions, tomato, green chillies, ginger, coconut, salt, half a cup of water and 1/2 tsp oil, and bring to a boil. Then turn down flame to medium and cook for a few minutes till stems are tender and cooked. Then add the prepared leaves and cook without lid till the leaves wilt and are done. Taste for seasoning.
- In a pan heat 2 1/2 tsps oil. Add crushed garlic flakes and fry till brown and fragrant.
- Seasoning over the valche bhajji. Serve hot.