Garlic Chicken RecipeFebruary 26, 2018
Oats Cake RecipeFebruary 27, 2018
Ragi Mudde Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 2 + ¼ cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 + 2 tsp ghee or clarified butter
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp raagi hittu
Method: Ragi Mudde Recipe
- Firstly, in a large kadhai or deep vessel add 2 cups of water.
- Add salt and a tsp of ghee or butter.
- Stir well and get the water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl take 2 tbsp ragi flour and ¼ cups of water.
- Mix well and make a lump-free ragi water.
- Further, pour the ragi water once the water begins to boil.
- Stir continuously for 2 minutes, making sure the ragi flour doesn’t settle at the bottom of kadai.
- Get the mixture to rolling boil.
- Now spread 1 cup of ragi flour. Make sure not to pile in one position, as they form lumps.
- Boil for a minute without disturbing. Also, allow the water to take in the ragi flour as much as possible.
- Now with the help of wooden stick or spatula, break the lumps gently by pushing the flour into water.
- Further keeping the flame on low, mix continuously in one direction without forming any lumps.
- Mix till the entire flour combines well with water.
- And also a smooth and soft dough is formed without any ragi flour traces.
- Additionally, add a tsp of ghee and spread well for more flavors.
- Cover and simmer for a minute, making sure the ragi is cooked well.
- Mix well and check if the raagi is cooked completely.
- Divide the dough and transfer a ball onto the ghee greased plate. Ghee gives nice shininess and helps in digestion.
- With the wet hand make a ball when its hot. Else it is difficult to give shape for ragi mudde.
- Be very careful as the dough will be very hot.
- Finally, serve ragi mudde recipe or ragi ball with sambar,