Crab Ghee Roast Masala RecipeNovember 20, 2017
Chicken Popcorn RecipeNovember 21, 2017
Prawn & Lady Finger Curry Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish.It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 300 gms. fresh Prawns (washed, peeled & salted)
- 200 gms. fresh tender Lady Fingers (cut off both the ends)
- ½ fresh Coconut (scraped)
- 1 med. Onion (peeled & chopped)
- 1 or 2 fresh slit Green Chillies ( optional)
- 8 dry Kashmiri Chillies
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 tbsps. dry Coriander Seeds or pwd.
- 1 tsp. Turmeric pwd.
- 1 tbsp. fresh Tamarind extract or paste
- 5 flakes fresh Garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh Ginger (grated) or paste or chopped
- 2 flakes Amsol/Bindi Sol/ Kokum
- 1 fresh red Tomato (chopped roughly)
- A pinch of Sugar
- 4 tbsps. Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Water or Coconut milk as required.
Method: Prawn & Lady Finger Curry Recipe
- First, heat 2 tbsps. oil in a sufficiently deep & broad pot till hot.Reduce heat & sauté chopped onions briefly & then sauté the chopped tomatoes briefly.
- Transfer to a masala grinder/blender along with soaked chillies with the water, scraped coconut, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric pwd., ginger, garlic, tamarind paste & grind to a fine, thick & smooth paste.
- Transfer the masala paste to a bowl; rinse the blender & reserve the masala water to be used later to prepare the curry.
- In the same pot, add another 2 tbsps. of oil & lightly fry the lady fingers, about 2-3 mins. Drain & transfer to a bowl.
- Then fry the prawns briefly for about 2 mins. Do not over fry. Drain & reserve in another bowl
- Now add the masala paste to the pot & fry till rawness disappears.
- Add the reserved masala water & more fresh water or coconut milk depending on the consistency of the curry you prefer
- Give it a good stir; add bindi sol, slit green chilies & let it come to a boil.
- Add the prawns & ladyfingers. Stir gently & let it come to a boil.Reduce heat add a pinch of sugar & salt to taste; stir gently again & let it cook for about another 2-3 mins
- Do not overcook the prawns & ladyfingers. It is better to have the ladyfingers slightly firm.
- Serve hot with steamed rice & fried fish or prawns on the side or with bread/pav/sannas.