Omelette Curry Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish.It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
For the Masala:
- Coconut (grated) – 1 cup
- Onion (chopped) – 2 small
- Tomato (chopped) – 1 small
- Garlic – 8 small cloves
- Dry Red Chillies [Bedgi] – 6 to 8
- Corriander Seeds – ½ tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Fenugreek Seeds – a small pinch (optional)
- Black Pepper Corns – 12 to 14
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp.
- Tamarind – 1 marble sized ball or to taste
- Curry Leaves – a few
- Green Coriander Leaves (chopped) – 2 tbsp. (optional)
- Oil – 3 tsp.
- Salt – 2 tsp. or to taste
For the Omelette:
- Eggs – 6
- Onions (finely chopped) – 2 medium
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 1 (optional)
- Green Coriander – 2 tbsp.
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Salt – ½ tsp. or to taste
Method: Omelette Curry Recipe
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a frying pan and roast the red chilies on low heat till fragrant. Be careful not to burn them. Transfer to a plate and add the coriander seeds to the same pan and roast on low heat for 30 seconds. Then add the peppercorns, cumin, fenugreek and continue roasting on low heat for a minute till fragrant. Transfer to a plate and cool.
- Grind the roasted spices with the remaining ingredients for the masala to a fine smooth paste and keep aside.
- Continue with the same pan and add another 2 tsp. of oil to it. Add the curry leaves when the oil is hot and as soon as they splutter, add the finely chopped onion and saute till light golden.
- Add the ground masala paste and 2 cups hot water or more (depending on the consistency of the curry you want) and salt. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
For the Omelette:
- While the curry is simmering, break each egg in a small bowl (to check if good) and then transfer to a bigger bowl and add all the ingredients for the Omelette to that bowl, except the oil, into the bowl. Whisk the eggs well.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a frying pan fry half of the Omelette mixture. Do the same for the second half (make two Omelette ). Cut the Omelette into pieces and keep aside.( Don’t completely dry the Omelette, keep it little moist)
- When your curry is done simmering, add the Omelette to the curry, garnish with green coriander and switch off the heat. Keep covered for 5 minutes before serving.