Mutton Green Masala Curry Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- Mutton – 1/2 kg or 500 gms – cut into pieces
- vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup ( around 50 gms)
- Onion – 1 – large – chopped
- Ginger – 5 gms ( 1/2 inch piece)
- Garlic – 8 flakes
- Green chillies – 4
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup – chopped (50 gms)
- Tamarind juice/paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Peppercorns – 4
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Green cardamom – 1/2 – peeled
- Cloves – 2
- Poppy seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Tomatoes – 1 medium – chopped
- Salt – 1 tbsp or as per taste
- Water – 1/2 cup
Method: Mutton Green Masala Curry Recipe
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan for about 30 seconds, Roast the grated coconut until pale brown, remove and keep aside.
- Now in the same pan add 1 tbsp of oil, and fry onions until pale brown and remove and keep aside.
- Take a blender or mixer, and grind the onions, coconut, ginger, garlic, green chilies, coriander leaves, tamarind, peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, poppy seeds and cumin seeds, along with 1/4 cup water to form a smooth paste.
- Now take a cooker, add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil, and heat it for about 1 minute, then add the ground paste and stir-fry this paste for about 3 minutes, then add the turmeric powder, tomatoes and salt and fry till tomatoes are pulpy and oil begins to separate. Now add the meat and the water and mix well.
- Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high heat. Then simmer and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat and allow to cool and pressure to reduce on its own.
- Garnish with butter and chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rice or Sannas.