- 1/2 kg clams
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 3tsp masala powder (roast 8 redchillies<4 long chillies 4 small chillies>, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1/4tsp cumin seeds, 8 black pepper, 4 fenugreek seeds and grind to fine powder)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- salt to taste
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- 1tbsp ghee
- freeze the clams for 1/2 hour, remove and put it in normal temperature water, clams will open up,the one that does not open just throw them away.Open the shell and separate them,using the shell itself scrape the shell that has least amount of meat and put onto the other shell.Throw away the empty shell(or you can use the whole clam if you want to skip this process)
- place the chopped onion and tomato in a vessel add 1/4 cup of water, keep it on medium flame ,cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the masala powder and cook for a minute, then add in the clams and salt. Cook for few minutes(clams cook very fast)
- in a small mixer jar grind the coconut for 4 seconds not longer. sprinkle the coconut over the clams, mix well and cover and cook for two minutes. Take this off the flame.
- seasoning- in a small pan melt ghee when hot add onion and cinnamon, fry till onion turns dark brown. pour over the clam sukka.