- Corn Flour- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 1/2 cups
- Water- 2 cups
- Cardamom powder- a pinch
- Almonds chopped- 4 tsp
- Ghee- 3 tsp + 1 tsp
- Orange food color- 2- 4 drops
- In a microwave safe bowl add the corn flour, water, food color, and water. Mix well with a whisk so that there are no lumps.
- Microwave this mixture for 6 minutes. After 4 minutes pause the microwave oven and stir the mixture and continue for the remaining two minutes.
- Be careful to use mitten so as to not burn your hands. Microwave again for 6 minutes more, pausing in between every 2 minutes to stir the mixture.
- Fry the almonds in a small pan with ghee and add the cardamom powder. Add this to the microwaved mixture and stir well.
- Apply 1 tsp ghee to the plate in which the halwa is to be set. Pour the halwa mixture into this greased plate.
- Let the halwa set for 1 hour and slice into square pieces. Consume within a week if you plan to store it longer refrigerate the halwa but do not store for more than 15 days because this halwa has no preservatives.
- Each microwave oven has a different temperature setting so if your mixture is still watery and does not appear thick enough microwave for 2- 6 minutes more. This is a judgment to be made by you.
- Do not bake or grill, just microwave- the function used to heat food.
- Do not reduce the sugar level even though the end result would be so sweet that it would make you want to alter the sugar level next time. Sugar is the building block of this sweet.