Chicken Uppukari Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. Its easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 500 Grams Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Green Chilly Masala or Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 10 Dried Red Chilies
- 1/2 Cup Baby Shallots
- 15 Pearls Garlic
- 3 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste…
Method: Chicken Uppukari Recipe
- Heat a wok on medium flame add 1 cup water and bring to a rapid boil place on low flame, add salt as per taste.
- Add green chilly masala or ginger and garlic paste to the salty water along with chilly powder, turmeric powder and garam masala allow to boil for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Once the raw flavors reduces from the masala add chicken stir cover and cook until well done. If the chicken has cooked and is fork tender place on high flame keep stirring allow excess moisture to evaporate.
- Reserve the cooked chicken in a plate. In the same wok add 2 1/2 tbsp oil. Add fennel seeds to the hot oil allow to splutter add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add baby shallots, curry leaves and dried red chilies fry for a minute. Add 1/4 tsp salt and 1/3 cup water place on medium high flame allow the garlic and onion to soften and cook.
- Once the onion turns transparent place on high flame allow the excess moisture to evaporate, add the chicken to the shallot masala toss to coat fry for a minute sprinkle pepper powder and serve hot.