- Baffat powder: 1 tbsp
- Lime/ lemon juice: 1
- Salt to taste
- Chicken 1 Kg
- Green chillies: 2 slit
- Curry leaves: 3 sprigs
- Coriander leaves: a big handful very finely chopped. Keep aside 2 tbsps of chopped leaves for garnish.
- Mangalore Bafat powder: 2 tbsps or according to taste
- Onions : 3 large sliced finely
- Grated coconut: 2 handfuls
- Oil: 2-3 tbsps
- Salt as per taste
In a bowl marinate the cut chicken pieces with the Marinade ingredients (lemon juice, salt, and Bafat powder). Keep aside for 10 minutes while you prepare the slicings.
In a heavy bottomed non-stick pan take 2 tbsp oil add the slit green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute. Add the marinaded chicken and finely chopped coriander leaves and fry the chicken on a medium heat without adding any water till half cooked. Then add the Bafat powder and mix the chicken well. Cook till done.
In a non-stick pan fry the sliced onions and grated coconut separately till light brown and keep aside. Add the fried onion and coconut mixture to the cooked chicken and mix well. Taste for salt and sourness and adjust. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve along with white or boiled rice.