Bread Rolls RecipeNovember 1, 2017
Butterless Sponge Cake RecipeNovember 1, 2017
Simple-fruit-cake-recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 45 minutes to make it.
- 175ml olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ orange, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 200g mixed dried fruit
- 200g apricot jam
- icing sugar, for dusting
Method: Simple Fruit Cake Recipe
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Grease and line the base of two 20cm springform cake tins with baking parchment.
- Stir together the oil and sugar, add the eggs, flour, baking powder, spices, and juices, and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until pourable and reasonably runny.
- Gently fold in the fruit, then divide the batter evenly between the tins. Bake for 20-25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, then leave to cool.
- When cool, remove from the tins and sandwich the cakes together with jam. Sieve some icing sugar on top to serve.