Sabudana Vada Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 1 Cup Sabudana (Sago)
- 2 Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1-2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts, roasted and coarsely ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Oil for Cooking
Method: Sabudana Vada Recipe
- Soak 1 cup of Sabudana in water overnight for 5-6 hours. When they have become soft, drain all the water using a colander.
- Boil, peel, and mash 2 potatoes. Add them to a large mixing container along with the sabudana.
- Roast and coarsely grind 1/2 cup of peanuts. Add these to the mixture as well.
- Add Red Chilli Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and Salt.
- Also add 1-2 finely chopped green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera) and 2 teaspoon lemon juice.Mix all the ingredients well.
- Divide them into small lemon sized portions and shape them into round flat patties.
- Fry the patties in medium hot oil till they turn golden brown. Do not set the heat to a high setting, otherwise, the vadas will not get cooked properly from the inside. Drain the excess oil on an absorbent paper.
- Sabudana Vadas are ready. Serve them hot with Curd, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.