Crab Ghee Roast Masala Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- Crab – 1 kg whole cleaned , washed and drained
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- coconut oil – 5 tbsp
to marinate crab
- curd – 1/4 cup
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- chilly powder – 1 tsp
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- corn flour – 1 tsp
- lime juice – 1tsp
- Onion – 1 small
- coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- dry red chilly – 10
- garlic cloves – 8
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- tamarind paste – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
Method: Crab Ghee Roast Masala Recipe
- Marinate the crab using the marinade masala mix and keep aside for 30 minutes
- saute or microwave all the ingredients to grind until heated through and grind to a smooth paste adding just enough water and keep aside.
- Heat the coconut oil on high in a nonstick flat pan and add the crab and flash fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- remove the crab from pan and keep aside.
- Into the same pan and oil add the leftover marinade and the ground masala and cook on medium flame until the masala is cooked through and the oil separates.
- The masala should be a dark brownish red color by then.
- Place the fried crab back into the masala and add 1/4 cup water and mix until the crab is coated with the masala.
- cook for 2 minutes, add the ghee and mix well . Serve hot