Bread Cutlet Recipe is a tasty and super delicious dish. It is easy to prepare and takes just about 30 minutes to make it.
- 4 White Bread Slices (or brown bread)
- 1 large Potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup Green Peas (fresh or frozen), boiled
- 1/3 cup grated Cabbage
- 1/3 cup grated Carrot
- 2 tablespoons Dry Breadcrumbs
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 Green Chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 grated Cheese Cubes and Tomato Ketchup, for garnishing
Method: Bread Cutlet Recipe
- Heat 1-tablespoon oil in a pan over medium flame. Add finely chopped onion and sauté until light brown or for approx. 1-2 minutes. Add grated ginger and green chilies, sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add grated carrot, grated cabbage, boiled peas and garam masala powder.
- Sauté for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the flame and transfer prepared mixture to a bowl. Let it cool for 4-5 minutes at room temperature.
- Dip each bread slice in water and immediately take it out. Squeeze it to remove excess water and add to the veggie mixture. Add mashed boiled potato, 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well and taste for salt, add more if required.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions and give them ball shape. If you are not able to form balls, then add 1-2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs and try again. Take each ball and flatten it to form 1/2-inch thick patties.
Take 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs on a plate. Roll each pattie into it to coat its surface with it and transfer it to another plate. Repeat the process for each pattie.
- Heat non-stick shallow-frying pan on medium flame and drizzle 2-3 teaspoons oil over it. Put 2-3 cutlets on it and shallow fry them over medium flame until the bottom surface turns light golden brown.
- Flip them gently, spread 1-teaspoon oil over each of them and shallow fry another side until it turns golden brown. Flip and cook as required to make both sides golden brown. It will take approx 2 minutes on medium flame to cook each side. Transfer shallow fried cutlet to a plate.
- Shallow-fry remaining ones and prepare for serving. Garnish each one with grated cheese and tomato ketchup.